Friday, December 23, 2011

Why Remember, Remember

Remember, Remember.  For the past 27 1/2 years  I have heard Chris say, "lets go make a memory".  For years I didn't understand the value and the importance of what he was saying.  But I am so very grateful for his wisdom to put aside my daily routine and make a memory.  I am now just over a month away from my 50th birthday and unless I live to be over 100 years old, memories are now the greater part of my life.  Remembering can be a saving influence in our life.  Each time I left the house when I was a teenager my dad would say, " Netter, remember who you are,what you stand for, and act accordingly".  Mostly, I was a good girl and my memories are sweet, but there were a few mistakes and those memories are painful. In the scriptures there is a plea to remember or perish.  The plea is to remember we have an eternal potential and to remember God's kindness.  My hope in doing this blog is to help Chris, my children(and that includes my children who came to be mine by marrying my children) and their children remember that they are loved and valued and that they are evidence in my life that God loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment