I noticed this picture of Peter from his facebook page. It is a great picture, such a handsome couple. But in my mind something didn't seem quite right. Then it occured to me. Peter is wearing a white jacket. I don't think I have ever seen Peter in white clothing. He looks great and I really like it. But I have never thought to purchase white for Peter.
 |
| Peter and Jill January 2012 |
For as long as I can
remember Peter did his own thing with wardrobe choices. That usually included something that would cover his messes, and that meant dark clothing, never ever white. Peter is a determined person. He loved his cowboy boots. This particular day we couldn't find his other brown boot. (I should at this time mention that looking for Peter's shoes was a daily family tradition. In fact one of the only times the kids heard Chris say a bad word was when I was out of town for a week and on Sunday morning Chris had everyone ready for church except for one missing church shoe. He probably could of handled it except that during the week he had already looked for school shoes, soccer cleats and tennis shoes that week!)
Instead of putting on a different pair of shoes Peter refused to budge. Exasperated, I told him we would just stay home. Peter wanted to go(it was probably story time which meant a lollipop and his story time buddies), but he would not give in to different shoes. Instead he improvised. Drew also had a pair of boots--gray ones. Two boots even if they are different colors is far better than tennis shoes!
 |
| Peter in Powder Springs Sept 1991 |
 |
| Tough guy Peter Sept 1991 |
 |
| Peter and Tricot(the cat) Sept 1991 |
 |
| Peter with his tough guy pout and peircing stare Sept 1991 |
 |
| Peter Sept 1991 |
The other thing I
remember about Peter is he was ALWAYS into things. If I did not know where Peter was I panicked. When Peter was not quite two I was taking a nap(dealing with morning sickness) and Peter turned the oven on and baked Duplos.
When Peter was three he experiemented with toilet flushing. He found many thing would flush, but that whole rolls of toilet paper made the water run all over the bathroom floor. And that dad's wallet would get just far enough stuck that the whole toilet had to be taken apart of recover the wallet.
We had a broken widow pane and Chris replaced the pane. It took time to get the old glass out, insert the new pane and then apply the glaze to hold it in place. Chris spent alot of time making it look good. The whole time Chris did this Peter sat on the other side of the glass and watched. As soon as everything was just so, Chris stood up to clean the supplies. Now all it needed was drying time so the glaze would set. When Chris stood up so did Peter. But as Peter stood up he pushed against the newly placed glass and it popped out. Both Chris and Peter sat down to start all over. From Peter's perspective it was more entertainment.
Another time Peter thought since mom looked better when she painted her face he would try it too.
 |
| Peter after his self makeover with Christie's make-up Aug 1991 |
 |
| Peter Aug 1991 |
 |
| Peter Aug 1991 |
 |
| Peter Aug 1991 |
Peter added wonder and adventure to our home. I admire Peter's inquisitive nature. He is a learner and what better way to learn than through experience. What at the time, caused a little internal agiatation has now become cherished memories. After all, what's wrong with two different colored shoes? (I did that a few years ago when I went to chaparone a Stake youth dance. When I glanced down at my feet instead of mortification and embarrassment, I
remembered Peter and it made me smile).
Thanks for making me smile Peter. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment