I love Fall because I associate this time of year with my new beginnings. My life actually began in the Autumn--not my early life--that was in the February, which is dead center of harsh Wyoming winters (And I loved that life too--I had a wonderful childhood filled with warmth and love). But my real life--the one I was meant to live. My life as Annette Barnes(instead of Annette McQuade) began in the Autumn.
Chris took me to Granite Flats along the Alpine Loop on General Conference weekend 1984. The leaves were just beginning to change and it was beautiful. And I remember being so happy--the happiest I had ever felt up to that point. He proposed to me a few days later on October 4, 1984.
These pictures are from Stewart Falls in Utah sometime in October 1984. Such good memories of being young and so in love. Now I am not so young(but too old either), but still so in love!





No comments:
Post a Comment