I woke this morning to the rain. Rain happens a lot in Georgia, but for some reason(probably because as I was waking, I was thinking of what I would blog about today, which lead me to scan my memory--and the combination of rain and old photos made me
remember my children and rain).
My first
memory was you kids playing in the rain. So wet, such a mess, super FUN! You actually did it a lot, but we didn't often take pictures. It was dad who initially let you do this. I rarely played out in the rain. In Wyoming it didn't rain often and when it did it was just ahead of snow so it was really cold. But rain in the south is warm and like a great big shower with mud--what could be better?
 |
| Early Dec 1992 Christie and Drew at Irish Highland home |
 |
| Early Dec 1992 Christie and Drew at Irish Highland home |
|
 |
| Early Dec 1992 Christie and Drew at Irish Highland home |
|
 |
| Early Dec 1992 Christie and Drew at Irish Highland home |
|
 |
| Mid Dec 1992 Christie and Drew at Irish Highland home |
|
 |
| Mid Dec 1992 Christie and Drew at Irish Highland home |
|
 |
| Mid Dec 1992 Christie and Drew at Irish Highland home |
|
 |
| June 1993 Boise Idaho, Christie with Merrill cousins |
 |
| June 1993 Boise Idaho, Christie, Drew and Peter with Merrill cousins |
 |
| June 1993 Boise Idaho, Christie with Merrill cousins |
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Peter, Lori, Lisa, Katie (Drew with camera) |
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Peter, Lori, Lisa, Katie (Drew with camera) |
|
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Peter and Lori (Drew with camera) |
|
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Katie (Drew with camera) |
|
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Peter, Lori, Lisa, Katie (Drew with camera) |
|
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Peter and Lisa (Drew with camera) |
|
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Peter, Lori, Lisa, Katie (Drew with camera) |
|
 |
| May 1, 2004 Richmond Hill Peter, Lori, Lisa, Katie (Drew with camera) |
|
My second
memory were the songs my parents would sing to me when it rained.
From Papa McQuade: "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring. He bumped his head on the edge of the bed and couldn't get up until morning. Rain Rain go away, come again another day"
From Mimi McQuade: "Pitter pat, pitter pat, its a rainy day". Then I can't remember the rest of the words exactly--it has something about grabbing boots and bumbershoot(I think that must be an umbrella) to go outside to play. It makes me kind of sad I can't
remember all those words. (Since I wrote that this morning, I emailed my brother and sisters and they
remembered better than I did. So here are the words to "It's a rainy day").
Pitter-pat, pitter-pat, it's a rainy day. I'll dress
up, sung and warm, and go outside to play. I'll get my coat and
bumber-shoot, On each foot I'll pull a boot, Get my gloves and grab my hat and
go out in the pitter pat.
Anyway we are having a rainy Sunday and with all those memories floating around in my brain it makes me smile! Have a wonderful Sunday--even if it is not raining in your part of the world.
Family news
1. UPDATE YOUR FAMILY FITNESS
2. Christie went to doctor this week and after a lot of thought he is letting her stay out of the hospital at least for another two weeks when she goes back.
3. Lori is interviewing for internships for this summer. She has applied for one in Atlanta, Philadelphia and interviews for one in Rexburg this Wednesday.
4. Grandmother went to yet another specialist. This last one is a specialist in Shingles and residual problems of shingles. We were hoping perhaps he could find someway to ease her pain. But once again this week has been extremely challenging as they attempted to make changes in her meds. Please pray every day for Grandmother and Papa and place their names on temple rolls as you attend the temple.
5. Don't forget to wear Green tomorrow and remember you are Irish--and that is blessing! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment