Sunday, October 25, 2015

Soooooo Worth it!

It has been interesting having Lori here with me at the end of her pregnancy.  It has been filled with lots of remember moments because I have forgotten so many of the burdens of pregnancy--and there are burdens--it is really really hard getting a baby here.
 Lori on October 25, 2015  

 Lori on October 25, 2015  

Watching Lori walk encumbered (aka the pregnancy waddle) has brought back memories.
Watching Lori breathe through Braxton Hicks has brought back memories.
Watching Lori take longs walks in hopes that that will bring about a shorter/sooner labor or both has brought back memories.
Watching Lori tear up for no real reason has brought back memories.
Watching Lori prepare a little space in the house for a baby crib, baby clothes, a baby stroller then waiting and waiting and waiting and wondering if that baby will EVER arrive has brought back memories.   

Before watching Lori this is what I remembered--

I remember feeling my baby kick and being assured they were fine--sometime I complained about the kick pushing against my ribs or stepping on my stomach and bladder, but each little kick was reassuring.
I remember that first contraction that signaled labor had begun in earnest and feeling excited to meet my new baby.
I remember the ride to hospital, getting checked in and situated in the labor room.
I remember the pain.
I remember despair and pushing and relief.
I remember dad's encouragement, love, admiration and concern.
I remember the first cry.
I remember looking into dad eyes and seeing tears.
I remember the trial of pregnancy was no longer a burden because in that moment that I first  held my newborn baby there was not anything I would not go through and I knew then it was all worth it!

Hang it there Lulu, baby Pasche will be here soon--then you will forget and that is good and you will remember and that is better!

March 31, 1985

Happy Birthday Christie Anne  April 9, 1985

Early December 1986




Happy Birthday Drew Jan 25, 1987 (He is cranky because he just left his Jessica behind for the next 15 years)

July 16, 1989



Happy Birthday Peter

August 26, 1991



Happy Birthday Lori August 30, 1991

February 17, 1994  My only later pregnant picture with Lisa

  Happy Birthday Lisa  February 17, 1994 a few hours later

July 3, 1997 Just before leaving for the hospital


Happy Birthday Katie


Family News:
1.  Tyler is recovering from pneumonia. Topher has a friend to play football with now.  Maddie  loves living in a cold climate--needing "outerwear" has expanded her fashion statements.  Caroline is no longer Caroline--call her "Diamond Sparkles".  And August is still the "quiet man".  I sure miss these kiddos.
2.  Drew did super while Jessica was in Philadelphia.  What a good dad you are.  He even took Naomi to early morning seminary on Friday.
3.  Peter and Jill--You guys are okay right?--give me a call soon Peter :)
4.  Lori and Zach are remarkable.  I've heard it said we are not only to endure trials, but  endure them well. And that exactly describes Lori and and Zach.
5.  Lisa and Kyle made a quick trip to Rexburg this weekend.  It was fun to see friends and familiar places.
6.  Katie finished her senior Cross country season this week.  She is pressing forward on college application essays and looking forward to returning to work at Chipolatas.
7.  Dad has some travel coming up. Booo!  And he is resurrecting IMaxus and that has been fun and interesting.
8.  I am teaching the last chapters of Exodus this week.  These chapter upon first glance are repetitious and boring, but upon further searching, I see my temple experience.  And seeing that build my confidence that temple worship is enduring and although I don't understand everything, I do know that this is how God chooses to teach His children so they can return to Him.  I love seminary!


No comments:

Post a Comment