My house is in order, clean and quiet. It has stayed that way for two weeks. Friday has always been my "clean the house day". I like having the whole house clean at the same time. I like going into the weekend with a clean house so I could enjoy it and just spend time and play with the family, without feeling the constant urge to straighten up. Each Friday I would finish the house about thirty minutes before you all started arriving home from school for the weekend. For thirty minutes each week I would sit and enjoy clean quiet order. I loved it!
But now, this order, this clean and this quiet has stayed too long. I miss the chaos, mess and noise. Who would have thought I would ever feel this way? I have even thought of running through the house yelling, dropping my stuff in the doorway, fixing a sandwich and leaving peanut butter smeared on the counter top. But in the end I know that won't fix the feeling. I don't miss the chaos, I miss you creating disorder and miss you making messes and miss your loud!
So while I adjust to my newer quiet life, let us remember Summer 2016(which was full of lots of wonderful chaos, glorious messes and lots and lots of perfect noise)!
June 2016
We started the summer by celebrating our anniversary. Who would have thought thirty-two years would go so quickly. I enjoy my anniversary flowers each June 7. I love the giver of my anniversary flowers more than I can adequately say. So to you, Chris,my loving husband a quote by Robert Browning,
"Grow old along with me! the best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. Our times are in His hand who said, 'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; Trust God; See all, be not afraid!"
![]() |
| June 7, 2016 This past thirty-two years have been the best! |
![]() |
| June 29, 2016 |
![]() |
| June 29, 2016 |
Lori and Zach took Beckham from his home--what were you thinking?! So now, I spend lots of time "face timing" with Beckham--not quite the same, but a blessing still!
![]() |
| June 2016 Beckham just hanging out while we face-time |
![]() |
| June 2016 Beckham just hanging out while we face-time |
Coming soon July and August 2016, To be continued....
Family News:
1. Thompson family is back into the school routine. Topher is in 4th grade, doing Cub scouts and playing football. Madelyn is in 1st grade. She will do gymnastics after Christmas. Caroline is enjoying her last year before heading off to kindergarten next year. She is in speech classes once each week. Christie is babysitting three days a week.
2. Jessica continues to make good progress in her educational pursuits. She spent a grueling weekend on her written exams. Drew is back to teaching a classroom of sophomores all about the New Testament.
3. Peter and Jill left Davenport and are now living in New York near Dunkirk. Lots of big changes for them.
4. Zach has added online school to his already busy schedule. Hang in there, it will pass quickly and will be so worth the sacrifice. Lori is working a few hours each week for Buckles--she does alterations for them.
5. Lisa is back at school--off track, but still taking a few classes--no rest for the wonderful--I'm pretty sure that is the quote!
6. Katie is all grown up and at BYU. She is working at BYU laundry, taking 14 credits and finding a little time for quick trips to Murray UT. Who would have thought Murray would ever be of interest to her! I miss her like crazy--there should be a rule that babies remain babies!
7 Dad is teaching this semester and really enjoying it. He is teaching from his book this semester so that has been a rewarding experience.
8 I am teaching twenty-two freshman and sophomores from the New Testament. It is amazing to study the life of Christ's mortal experience. After teaching the Old Testament last year with the understanding that premortally, Christ is the Great "I am", even Jehovah. I am fully amazed that He was willing to leave glory and honor to come a rescue me. Not sure what my students are learning, but my gratitude for His life and atoning sacrifice increases daily.







No comments:
Post a Comment