Sunday, February 9, 2014

I can hardly wait.....

This past week we "Face-timed" with Drew and Jessica.  Jessie stood up and showed us her ever expanding waist line.  She wears pregnancy cute!  I was so pleased with  the enthusiastic excitement of their quickly approaching parenthood.  Watching them made me remember my own anticipation of parenthood nearly 29 years ago. 

While counting down the days to April 19, 1985 I wondered if we would have a son or a daughter.  I wondered what she would look like.  I wondered what her hobbies would be?  I hoped she would be happy and good.  I hoped she would be active and love learning. I hoped I would be a good momma.   I knew I would love her.  I knew I was blessed to be a momma.  I knew I was excited to begin this journey. 
December 25, 1984 5 months pregnant

March 31, 1985 9days before delivery

March 31, 1985 9days before delivery--feeling a bit tired

There is always a tendency to tell each of you how childbirth and child raising it will be, after all I have "been there and done that".   My journey began on April 9, 1985 (10 days early)
April 9, 1985  Chris, Christie, Annette--So in awe of our sweet  new baby daughter!

The truth is I have no idea how it will be for you.  I only know how it was for me.  So I will TRY to just observe, support and cheer for you as you begin this most wonderful endeavor.  As I watch you navigate through this journey of child raising I will be remembering, so if you see me smile as I watch you, I am not laughing at you--I am just remembering my own happy adventure of child raising. 

I can't wait for the your journey to begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment