Sunday, June 10, 2018

Babies Babies...everywhere

Many years ago when I was having my babies, my mom told me not to call until after the baby was born (unless of course there were problems).  She didn't want her thoughts of me in labor to escalate her worry!    Remember, times were different the than they are now.  It was not an option to Face Time or even talk often or for long periods of times--long distance calls were expensive. There were no frequent flier miles to offset last minute flight changes.  Still, I didn't really understand her thought process at the time because I thought she was missing out on all the excitement and anticipation of a new baby. 

Now that I am the Mimi, I understand the worry.  That's not to say I am not excited, but along with that anticipation and excitement I know there is pain and struggle and risk. 

So today I am feeling gratitude!   Grateful that the pain and struggle are in the past and grateful for these two new beautiful granddaughters that have come into my life. 

Welcome Vivienne Margaret and Evelyn Alice to our family.  You are loved!
Vivienne  Margaret Born May 25, 2018 9 pounds 12 ounces and 21.5 inches

Vivienne with her dad( Drew) and big sister( Naomi)

Evelyn Alice born June 6, 2018  6 pounds 12 ounces and 19.5 inches long

Evelyn with her dad (Peter)
Family News:
1.  Thompson family is generously paying for her dentist's children college tuition this year.  Christie needs a root canal, Maddie has three cavities and Topher needs his two front teeth repaired!
2.  Naomi is a big sister---congratulation!
3.  Peter and Jill welcomed Evelyn to the family!  But for the record I am voting for a new birth plan next time around.  Not a lot different, but next time lets have a hospital bag packed, diapers bought and dad in town!  Still a fun birth story to share with Evelyn as she gets older!
4.  Beckham is a swimmer!
5.  Lisa landed(part of the ground crew--not the pilot) and emergency helicopter this past week.
6.  Katie is enjoying beautiful Thailand and (no surprise here) training for either a 10K or half marathon to run while in Thailand. How cool is that to have a race "bib" from Thailand?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment