I thought since Katie would be in Thailand, Lisa going to school all summer, Peter and Jill having a baby, Drew and Jessica having a baby and Christie's family having just moved to Missouri that this summer would be laid back and a bit lonely Summer.
Boy was I wrong--It was a crazy, on-the-go summer. It was wonderful!
So here is a quick picture filled recap of my Spring and Summer.
Blue and Gold Banquet--Magic Show for Pack 484
 |
| March 28, 2018 Blue and Gold Magic Show |
 |
| March 28, 2018 Blue and Gold Magic Show |
|
Made Baby Quilts for Vivienne and Evelyn
 |
| Vivienne Barnes Baby Quilt |
 |
| Baby quilt for Evelyn |
Our last trip(maybe forever) for our annual beach house maintenance.
 |
| April 16, 2016 Indian Beach NC |
Vivienne Margaret Barnes joins the family
 |
| April 28, 2018 Aunt Lori snuggles with Vivienne |
 |
April 28, 2018 Great Papa Jo meets Vivienne
|
 |
| April 28, 2018 Great Papa Jo meets Vivienne |
 |
| April 28, 2018 Naomi does puzzles |
 |
| June 28, 2018 Vivienne with Grandmother and Papa Joe |
Beckham and Naomi go to Toys R Us with Mimi
 |
| May 29, 2018 Beckham shopping for "wheels" |
 |
| May 29, 2018 Naomi found her "wheels" |
Evelyn Alice Barnes Joins the Family.
Peter was still in NY when Evelyn thought it was time to come three weeks early. So poor Jill was stuck with her mother-in-law. We grabbed a few things and headed off to the hospital. It was late and very dark and I had never been there so Jill navigated while I drove and timed contractions. It was about a 45 minute drive and when we were half there, Jill said I don't have my contacts, or baby things, or my clothes, or.... Then instead of panicking she just said, "you're telling me now there is nothing in my go bag?". There is nothing like an "The Office" quote to break the stress. It was a long night, but in the end, Peter made it just in time to see Evelyn born and I got a glimpse into their love, loyalty and devotion to each other. And I got to see my #9 grand baby born. I even got to cut the cord since Peter didn't want to.
 |
| June 7, 2018 Evelyn Alice Barnes |
Summer visits: I love that you all wanted to see new babies and each other so we had lots of impromptu quick visits!
 |
| July 12, 2018 Distraction while the mom's waited in the Build a Bear Line--Beckham and August |
 |
July 12, 2018 Distraction while the mom's waited in the Build a Bear Line--Caroline
|
 |
July 12, 2018 Distraction while the mom's waited in the Build a Bear Line--Beckham
|
 |
| July 15, 2018 Dad's big Breakfast |
 |
| July 15, 2018 Dad's big Breakfast |
 |
| July 15, 2018 Fairy Princess Art School |
 |
July 15, 2018 Fairy Princess Art School
|
 |
| July 18, 2018 Mimi with new granddaughters--Vivienne and Evelyn |
While in Rexburg for Lisa's graduation I got to see all four of my Siblings.
 |
July 22, 2018 I love my Big Sisters--Bev Ashcroft, Margo Merrill, me
|
 |
| July 25, 2018 So much fun! Joe McQuade, Margo Merrill, Bev Ashcroft, me |
Lisa's BYUi graduation--July 23, 2018 Animal Science BS
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Oh Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! congratulations Mom(Dad too)! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! So Pretty |
 |
| July 23, 2018 She has the Diploma |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 Congratulation's Lisa! |
 |
| July 23, 2018 So pretty! |
Lisa becomes an EMT for Madison County Fire
 |
| August 16, 2018 Lisa's Swear-in Ceremony |
 |
| August 16, 2018 Lisa's Swear-in Ceremony |
Lisa comes home to pick up the Malibu she bought and for a quick fishing trip
 |
| August 25, 2018 Lisa and Mom |
 |
| August 25, 2018 Dad, Lisa and Mom |
 |
| August 25, 2018 Lisa and her shark |
 |
| August 25, 2018 Mom trying to reel in a fish |
 |
| August 25, 2018 Mom caught something |
Chris worked mostly in Huntsville Alabama this summer. And we had a trip to Las Vega at the end of the summer. When we didn't have visitors I went with him to keep him company. Spending lots of time in a hotel is hard, but I had daughters to talk with, world cup to watch and a shopping center within walking distance---and best of all a husband to spend my evenings with!
 |
| June 2018 Huntsville AL--when I went with Chris I cooked dinner--after eating out so often it was a real treat to eat-in. |
 |
| June 2018 Huntsville AL |
 |
| August 17, 2018 La Vega Gold & Silver Pawn Shop From the TV show |
Katie spent her summer in Thailand which was a wonderful adventure for her. I was so excited to get her text messages and pictures each day. Here are a few she sent.
 |
| Summer 2018 Katie in Thailand with other girls from her LIP program |
 |
| Summer 2018 Katie in Thailand Katie and Josie Smith on a Moped |
 |
| Summer 2018 Katie in Thailand First day of Teaching her Preschool Kids |
 |
| Summer 2018 Katie in Thailand |
 |
| Summer 2018 Katie in Thailand July 3--Katie spend her 21st birthday in Thailand and her friend Josie bought her an Orea shake to celebrate |
 |
| Summer 2018 Katie in Thailand Katie ran a race with a few of the others girls in Bangkok and ending up winning 3rd place. So great to have a running bib from Thailand. |
 |
| Summer 2018 Katie in Thailand Katie ended up having to fly home a few days before her group so she could keep her RA job at Heritage Halls this year at BYU. Traveling that far alone with two huge suitcases and carry on and making connections when she didn't speak the language was a "bit" stressful. She was so happy to be back in the USA! |
Katie decided a whole year was too long to be away from home, so she found a cheap flight and came home for a long weekend even though classes had already started. She was able to meet baby Evelyn while home.
 |
September 16, 2018 Katie meets Evelyn
|
Katie left in the morning and Lori arrived later that day which was too bad they missed each other, but it gave me a couple hours to change sheets and get ready for a visit from the Pasche family. Beckham I had been plotting and planning this trip for weeks. We went to North Georgia and visited the apple houses and Burt's Pumpkin Farm. We went fishing in Savannah. We ate "B-nanna" Bread with chocolate chips. We make m&m cookies, we played with cars and swam in the pool, we went for walks and had a wonderful trip. I only have a one picture, the rest were on other phones.
 |
| September 27, 2018 Lori and Beckham on the boat |
As I look back over this summer, I feel a little tired, but oh so blessed. Since we just finished watching General conference I am going to end with a quote I recently found by President Nelson.
I choose each of you! I am trying to live each day so I can eternally with you all! I love my family--thank you for being patient with me always and for a wonderful summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment