Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lori, sweet 2lst

Happy 21st Birthday Lori Anne!

Lori was due to join our growing family on September 21, 1991.  She decided August 30, 1991 would be a much better date.  Actually who decided is up for a little discussion.  It had been a long, very hot summer that year.  Going through the end of a pregnancy during that summer was wearing thin for me.  I remember getting Christie off to school that Friday morning.  Then while Drew and Peter were busy playing the nesting instinct set in in over drive.  I began cleaning and washing and organizing with an amazing amoung of energy.  My friend DeAnne Bradley stopped by with her son, David and instead of sitting and chatting I enlisted her help with moving my living room furniture around.  August 30 also happened to be my mom's birthday.  So wheather I was done with the combination of heat and pregnancy OR I gave into the nesting instinct OR I wanted to have this baby on my mom's birthday OR Lori decided she was ready for this new adventure called mortality will remain a mystery. 

July 17, 1991  Peter, Drew, Christie and Annette are anxiously awaiting Lori's arrival

August 26, 1991  Annete really anxiously awaiting Lori's arrival
I remember still feeling energetic when Chrsitie came home from school.  But by the time Chris came home from work I was beat.  We decided to take the kids to Mcdonalds for hambergers.  While I was at McDonalds I felt a contraction.  It was not long or hard, but with my past history of very short labors we decided to get home.  DeAnne came over and got the kids and Chris and I headed to Northside hospital in Atlanta.  It is about 45 minute drive when there is no traffic.  Thankfully we didn't hit much traffic becuase by the time we got there I was hurting.  The contraction were coming hard and often, but not regular.  I had Lori a few hours later after a very intense labor.  I had what is referred to as coupling or doubling contractions.  Basically that is no break between contractions.  Wow! 

But when I saw this beautiful new baby girl all that was forgotten. 
August 31,1991 Annette and Lori

August 31, 1991 Lori and Annette

August 31, 1991 Lori

The kids were excited to hold their new baby sister.
August 31, 1991 Lori, Annette, Peter(more interested in his cracker than new baby sisiter)

August 31, 1991 Annette, Lori and Peter(getting a little more interested in the baby)

August 31,1991 Annette, Lori and Peter(who has decide he might like her now)

August 31,1991 Drew, Annette and Lori

August 31, 1991 Lori and Drew(and Christie in the background)

August 31, 1991 Christie, Lori and a little of Drew

Lori was my smallest baby at 6 lb 6 oz.  I was hoping she would stay a baby longer, but she is a determined little person and by her first birthday she was talking(mostly shaking her finger at us when we didn't see things her way) and running around--I do mean running since she had already been walking for 3 months. 
August 30, 1992 Happy First Birthday Lori

August 30, 1992 Annette and Lori

August 30, 1992  Lori, Drew, Christie and Annette playing ring around the rosie

August 30, 1992  Annette and Lori(much more interested in the balloon than her gifts)

August 30, 1992 Lori "jigging" with her balloon

Now Lori is 21 and all grown up and going places.  But only grown up is a new event.  Lori has always been going places.  She wrote on her blog sometimes she feels like getting off this train(growing up train).  I know it feels that way, but as one who has been there.  Stay on the train and enjoy the ride.  The best of your life is just around the corner. 
August 30, 2012  Lori celebrating with Drew, Jessica and Megan

So glad Lori came to live with us.  I love you Lulu!


Other Family Updates this week:
1.  Katie had her second cross country meet.  She placed 28 or 120 girls at the meet.  Her times was just about the same, but with much worse running conditions.  Her picture was in the news paper so now she is a celebrity. 
2.  Katie was awarded her YW medialian in Sacrament meeting today.  She actually earned it a month ago, but wanted to wait for time when Chris was in attendance for the recognition.  We are proud of you Katie Jo.
3.  Lisa was called to be a ward missionary in the ward.  We have really nice sister missionaries so this will be a nice was to serve between now and January. 
4.  Today was the first day Lisa is without a boot or cast since the end of May. 
5.  Lori and Drew started back to school on Monday.
6.  Lori, Drew and Peter all moved this week.














No comments:

Post a Comment