Sunday, September 9, 2012

Memories Remain

Last Friday afternoon, 576 South 850 East(or as it was originally 576 South Pleasant Drive) Pleasant Grove, Utah is no longer a place for our family to make memories.  It now becomes a place for the Howard's (the family who bought the home) to make memories there. 

I love this home and I am sad to know that part of our life is in the past.  But even though the home has transferred ownership, so many memories belong to us forever. 

As retirement approched Papa and Mimi weighed lots of options about where they should retire.  In the end they decided to build their retirement home in a location where they knew they would see lots and lots of grandchildren as their grandchildren attended BYU, BYU-I and UVU.  It was a great place for them to retire and I am really glad for the all the memories we made in that Pleasant house in Pleasant Grove.

I remember sitting in the living room with the sun shining in the window as I read the Sunday morning newspaper. 
I remember either m&m's or salt water taffy in the kitchen pantry.
I remember sitting out in the evening with my mom as we watched the sun go down.  Mimi loved the cool evenings in Utah.  I think that appreciation must have come after living in the hot humid climate of Topeka,KS all those years.  She used to call it "free air conditioning".
I remember waffle breakfast with Papa manning the griddle.
I remember sleeping bags and kids spralled out on the basement floor in the early morning hours.
I remember picnic dinners in the back yard.
I remember sitting by the fireplace and feeling so warm.
I remember Mimi taking such good care of Grandma and Grandpa Miser.
I remember homemade strawberry jam in the downstairs freezer.
I remember an endless supply of icecream too. 
I remember walking to church from the home.
Later I remember playing Five Crowns, SkipBo, Ticket to Ride, Hand and Foot and lots of other games at the kitchen table. 


Here are a few more of our picture memories(in no particular order) from this wonderful place where we all felt loved(which is why we really love this place). 

Oct 1998 Mimi McQuade, Katie, Lisa and Taylor Ashcroft(Ben's oldest son)

Oct 1998  Katie and Taylor

Oct 1998  Papa, Lisa and Katie

Oct 1998 Benson and Katie

Oct Lisa, Katie, Benson

June 1998 Lisa, Chris, Peter



July 1998 Katie, Annette, Lisa

Oct 1998 Lisaa and Katie

Oct 1998  Lisa and Papa McQuade

Oct 1998 Lisa

Oct 1998 Lisa
 
Apr 1993 Papa McQuade and Lori(the horse pasture just beyond Shayla's house

Apr 1993 Chris and Lori(the horse pasture just beyond Shayla's house

Apr 1993 Chris and Lori(the horse pasture just beyond Shayla's house

July 1998 Great Papa Miser, Great Grandma Miser, Anut Margo, Peter, Lori
July 1998 Mimi McQuade, Lisa, Katie, Christie

July 1998 Great Papa Miser, Great Grandma Miser, Bryce, Drew, Benson, Aunt Margo, Annette, Amanda, Christie, Peter, Lori

July 1998 Outside with Fireworks

July 1998 Cousins playing in the yard

July 1999 Cousins in the Basement--Playing Cards

July 1999 Cousins in the Backyard


July 1999 Before our Timpanogas Hike
July 1999 After our Timpanogas Hike

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, Netter. Loved it. Thanks for reminding me of wonderful times and tender memories.

    ReplyDelete